Star Wars Infinities: Augur Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Infinities: Augur Era

Augur Era is a non-canon Star Wars universe. In a time of impending change, not even the Jedi can predict the end result of what is to come.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Private Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nissa
Admin
Admin
Nissa

Character Points : 17

Character sheet
Name: Nissa Ziarel
Faction: New Jedi Order

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Nissa sat cross legged in her chair around a large holocron. Her eyes were shut and her saber floated aimlessly in a circle around her, dismantling itself then putting it back together. It was a meditation trick she learned when she was first brought to the jedi, it helped her relax. She also felt closer to her blade as she now saw it as an extension of herself rather then a tool to kill. The holocron flashed random images related to ancient jedi artifact while playing soft music. She was expecting someone, a jedi master to be precise. She recently became the grandmaster and she knew that it caused some controversy. Despite her now being known as a protector of the light side, a good amount of the general public and some senators still didn't trust her because of her past. She had heard rumors from correspondences in the senate stating that she hasn't changed at all, that she still was the mindless, emotionless killing from a bit over a decade ago and was playing the jedi for chumps while she took control. These rumors troubled her a bit. A while back it seemed that all have been forgiven and she was trusted by all. So the fact that these rumors exist concerned her greatly. She continued to meditate on the rumors while she waited for her fellow master to join her. He seemed to be taking his sweet time.
Back to top Go down
Master Darkstar
Webmaster
Webmaster
Master Darkstar

Character Points : 633

Character sheet
Name: Angelus Darkstar

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Angelus had been called upon from within the High Council Chamber. He didn’t quite know why it was that he was bid to regale the council… But he didn’t mind it. After all, few were given the privilege of open audience with the High Council. Perhaps it was concerning some timeworn lore he needed to venture out and acquire. Certainly, as Caretaker of First Knowledge; Overseer of the Jedi Archives and Keeper of the Vault, this would be a noteworthy encounter. He leered with anticipation at what he would find at the peak of the southeast tower.

When he entered the High Council Chamber, the only one present was the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order. She appeared to be in a method of contemplation, inspecting flickers of an old San-Ni staff via Holocron. A weapon preferred by Jedi Weapon Masters. “Greetings, Grand Master Nissa Ziarel.” He walked a few steps closer to the seated Grand Master. “Is something troubling you?” He asked her with his forbearing tone of voice.

Back to top Go down
http://www.starwars-rpg.darkbb.com
Nissa
Admin
Admin
Nissa

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:53 pm

"Hello Master Darkstar." said Nissa, not opening her eyes. Her weapon put itself back together and floated down to her lap. She opened her eyes, her crimson red eyes looking at the jedi master. "I think this is the first time we actually met. I believe i talked to you a bit when i was sworn in as grandmaster but not for long." said Nissa. " You are a very well informed jedi, or at least that's what i'm told. So you must of heard the rumors from around Alliance as well as from certain jedi within the order. The rumor of me still being a dark jedi surfaced soon after I became the Grand Master a few months ago. So tell me, what is your opinion on all of the rumors and the fact I've been sworn in as grandmaster."
Back to top Go down
Master Darkstar
Webmaster
Webmaster
Master Darkstar

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

The allegedly judicious and honorable Grand Master was having a personal issue. It was one regarding how others thought of her. A former Dark Jedi, nominated from among the High Council into being the next Grand Master. It was a surprise for Angelus as well. How could someone so riddled with the principles of the dark side be turned into such an esteemed Jedi of the Order? “For you to become Grand Master was a wonder to many within the Order, that is certain.” Angelus took a seat next to the Grand Master on one of the seats reserved for members of the High Council. “…But you ask for my attitude toward you.” He hadn’t expected the Grand Master to have been so fond of him. He was a reputable Jedi Master but she could’ve contacted one of the most brilliant Jedi on the High Council. Instead, she selected Angelus personally. Maybe it was because she was aware of his role as Caretaker of First Knowledge? It had to be. His Force Concealment was impeccable.

“These are disquieting times, Nissa. A galaxy deprived of a true enemy to point fingers at. It’s hard for the Jedi of today to trust the acumen of its senior members.” He crossed his legs on the High Council seat, and reposed both arms on his lap. “Force is change. As living things, we all adjust differently to it. When you became the Grand Master, it mattered little to me.” He cared marginally for Jedi politics altogether; and if a segment of Jedi reasoned that the current Grand Master was unfit to epitomize the Order, well, that would merely serve to wane the New Jedi Order’s resolve in the near-future.

Back to top Go down
Nissa
Admin
Admin
Nissa

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:26 pm

"Yet I understand the jedi of today." said Nissa. "I was on the High Council for barely two years and here I am now, replacing my former master." She waved her hand in front of the holocron and the image changed. A much younger version of herself around 12 showed up on the screen. The younger version of herself was cutting through multiple troopers and jedi on a battlefield. "This had recently resurfaced, this was me, twenty-two years ago when I was 12. I remember this battle even today, I often wonder why the previous grandmaster saved me instead of take my connection to the force away." The video then showed her past self cutting down a few dark jedi who where her 'allies'. "I killed with out a care in the world, I was uncontrollable even by my superiors. They would just point me in the right direction and hope i didn't kill them before I left. People have had there connection to the force removed for less. Why was I different?" The scene in the holocron continued. "This was taken by a new crew in the area. In about 10 minutes into the video I noticed their presence and slay them, just for doing there job." A bit later what she said would happen, happened. She closed her crimson eyes again. "I was so far gone that the changes to my physical being is permanent. I have lost track of the times while I was with the previous grandmaster and people run from me because of the reputation I had built and because of my looks."
Back to top Go down
Master Darkstar
Webmaster
Webmaster
Master Darkstar

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Using the Force, the Grand Master had changed from one holovid to another. It exhibited clips of her past as a juvenile in the Dark Side Scourge, routing many Jedi, Troopers and Dark Jedi alike. She was truly a monster on the battlefield, and wholly warped by the dark side of the force. The Grand Master’s mind was opaque with doubt. Angelus thought of possibly exploiting this. It would be somewhat easy for one who dawdles so much on their dreary past to be etched back to the dark side. “Perhaps you dwell too much on the past. Your suit of armor and your lightsaber have you linked to that past. It looks as if you’re too troubled to let go… You find yourself incapable of recognizing your accountabilities and remedying your injustices without reminders.” Angelus stood up from the High Council seat, and swayed his hand, shutting off the holovid. “I’m sure I need not tell you that fear, distrust… uncertainty – they all lead to the dark side. There is obscurity in your heart, which is replicated in your appearance. You should bear these feelings in mind.” He imperceptibly used Force Seeing to perceive where she stood on the gauge of light and dark side. The hue the force had conveyed within her was of the light side. She had virtuous intentions, but Angelus knew all too well that the dark side’s impact was strong in her still.
Back to top Go down
Nissa
Admin
Admin
Nissa

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 pm

"The previous grandmaster told me never to forget the past." Nissa picked up her saber from her lap and pulled her legs up to her body, wrapping her free arm around them. "I can't get rid of my robes and saber, not yet at least. The sins I've committed with this blade haven't been cleansed, the innocent souls I've slayed haven't been avenged yet." Nissa sighed and continued staring at her blade. "This been known I still have yet find out why I became grand master. I'm no where near as suited for this job as other members of the council. This is still a mystery to me. My reputation from my past precedes me more then my current reputation as a jedi. Both equally as great. The alliance is now pushing harder to move away from jedi support." Nissa took a breath to collect herself. "The reason I called you up here is because of your research Angelus. I want you to be more careful then you are being. We've already lost a few to the dark side because of the research. Study sith artifacts was dangerous for the dark jedi I used to serve and it's even more dangerous for jedi. If you feel any dark side temptations you must not let them control you. The dark side will manipulate you and let you think your in control when you not. I'v sent a holocron to your room with meditations and exercises my master had me do. The onces in the front of the holocron are the ones when i still was a dark jedi the farther ones in are ones that I still do today." Nissa gave a second to let what she said sink in. "Every day each and every jedi fights and internal battle with the dark side in varying degrees, there are jedi would do it subconsciously with out even know they are fighting it till a major temptation shows up, There are jedi like me who were born into darkness and no matter how much we turn our backs to it we will always fight it. Then there are people like you who study dark side artifacts and may not even know that the dark side has taken them over." She took another small break. "I want you to be careful."
Back to top Go down
Master Darkstar
Webmaster
Webmaster
Master Darkstar

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Apparently, the Grand Master hadn’t called on Angelus for any sort of guidance. She wanted to warn him of the enticements of the dark side of the force; and who better to counsel him than a former Dark Jedi? “I appreciate your concern, Nissa. However, I was preferred by your predecessor for a reason.” He clutched his hands, and held them against his lower back, while stepping back and forth. “Not only am I the utmost qualified Jedi Master in the Temple, but I’ve endured many of my own trials; I’ve experienced quite a lot of anguish and have contested the dark side on manifold occasions. To love somebody and then to lose them… It is a horrid sensation.” He reshuffled some office supplies on a counter nearby using the force. “Moreover, my awareness has been disciplined by Omwati force tradition; I’m able to process information far more effortlessly and more rapidly than any Human. There is very little doubt in my mind.” If he were to practice the dark side of the force, it would be on his own accord, he wouldn’t allow himself to develop into an apparatus of the force.
Back to top Go down
Nissa
Admin
Admin
Nissa

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Nissa sighed and stood up. "I guess I can't convince you to close the investigation then." said Nissa with some reserve. "The dark side can use those feelings to make you think you are avoiding it when your not. I need you to be more careful, not just for yourself but for others. Your investigations have sparked the interest of many padawans, which is normally a good thing but with you study sith artifacts I don't want them near it. Please can you study something less dangerous. To hell with those sith artifacts, they are more trouble than there worth." Nissa walked to the back of the camber and looked outside the window, waiting for his answer.
Back to top Go down
Master Darkstar
Webmaster
Webmaster
Master Darkstar

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 pm

The Grand Master detested the idea of Jedi and Galactic Alliance forces investigating the Sith. “The Excavation of Korriban is an anti-Sith initiative. On no occasion have the Jedi and the Republic thought of actually exploring the ways of the Sith in order to figure out effective ways to combat them; or thwart them completely. The High Council and your precursor both reached a verdict.” Nissa had gotten up from her chair, and was relishing a panoramic view of Tython. She noticeably didn’t like debating this. “Nevertheless, I have my mission. Assuredly, you have your own as Grand Master.” Angelus didn’t see the force and all those linked to it in black and white. Being a researcher, he looked at the whole thing he studied be it Sith or Jedi as intellectual pursuit. He could understand why their opinions contrasted. She had experienced such a wicked and unpleasant existence, only to be born-again into a commendable and evenhanded existence.
Back to top Go down
Nissa
Admin
Admin
Nissa

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 pm

"Yes I do, and part of it is to make sure that jedi don't fall to the dark side." said Nissa. "It doesn't matter what you intend what or what not to do. Sith artifacts are dangerous and even the dark jedi i used to work for had no idea what they were doing and ended up dying because of it. There are some things that should be left untouched. Sith artifacts are one." Nissa closed her eyes and took a deep breath in. "I still don't approve of this but until I can get the counsel to change there mind be extra careful."
Back to top Go down
Master Darkstar
Webmaster
Webmaster
Master Darkstar

Character sheet

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:39 pm

It was clear to Angelus now what kind of Grand Master Nissa Ziarel is likely to be. She was so fearful of the dark side of the force, due to her familiarities with it. The New Jedi Order would need a stouter leader, one who wasn’t afraid of perplexing the clout of the dark side, but it looked like that wasn’t the sort of leader they would get. This would only further assist Angelus in his pursuit of governance over the lot of the Galaxy. “I’m mindful of how the Order deplores politics in all practices… However, if you were to end the Excavation of Korriban not only would the bond between the New Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance deteriorate, but many of my contemporaries would be dismayed. ” He provided the Grand Master some time to consider this. Very coolly, he added. “It could result in added Gray Jedi, is all I’m saying. Many of us within the Order like to think that the times have made the High Council more broad-minded, instead of the contrary.” With that said, perhaps he ingrained a seed… Perhaps not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Private Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Private Meeting   A Private Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

A Private Meeting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars Infinities: Augur Era :: Deep Core :: Tython :: New Jedi Temple :: High Council Tower :: High Council Chamber-
Jump to: